Friday 9 July 2010

Sand and Sea finished



Another quilt finished, ... many more to go. I've finally gotten around to quilting this one, and it is a big one.

The quilt top is Sand, made up of browns, ivories and light blues and greys with a splash of pinks mixed in.

I didn't want to overdo it on the quilting and am quite happy with the result.





The back is sea, made up of quirky brown batiks with pink and turquoise dots and stripes and also using some turquoise and lime green shades mixed with some fuchsia batiks as well.








The entire quilt, both sand and sea, is made up of jelly rolls.

Now on to the next one. I am really itching to cut into my beautiful new fabrics and start a new quilt or to work on the quilt-as-you-go project I have completed the blocks for, but I am determined to finish off some almost done projects first.

What do you think? Do you like this one?

Love, Nadine

1 comment:

  1. Its lovely Nadine, very unusual! Your present arrived yesterday - thanks so much! Gra was desperately in need of some little holders to chuck his 'bits' in sso the fabric covered storage will look great on his beside drawers! He was very pleased - I will do an official presents received post when we return from our holidays! Justine xxx

    ReplyDelete