Wednesday 21 December 2011

"Reflections on Colour" Exhibition at Grays Court York




Hello everybody,

I have some great news, I will have an exhibition with 2 friends and fellow textile artists at Grays Court in York from Saturday, 7 January to 2 February 2012. My very talented Graphic Designer boyfriend did the poster. I hope you can see that he managed to add proper watery colour reflections. How cool is that?

I am exhibiting both Quilts and Paintings, if I can figure out how to hang the quilts properly that is. We are not allowed to make new holes and they just redecorated so I am wondering how exactly it will work. I bought several thin curtain poles and clips to hang the quilts with, I was very reluctant to attach a sleeve for hanging as all of my quilts are reversible and I don't want to ruin the back. Let's see how it will turn out.

I am also exhibiting paintings and am actually painting new ones to go into the exhibition. I did a large oil painting yesterday, an abstract landscape colour study, because the title of our exhibition is "Reflections on Colour". See what we did there? I love that title, it can have so many meanings.

Grays Court is actually a great venue and has an excellent restaurant especially popular for afternoon tea. We have the whole house and will exhibit in a special exhibition room but also in the hallways and the staircase I think. So if you're in York come and pop in, it is a bit hidden and very atmospheric, just as everything else in York. Very close to the Minster actually.

So I'll keep you posted on that.

Very exciting. Oh, but so much to do.

Have a wonderful Christmas, everyone.

Love,
Nadine xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment