Tuesday 1 May 2012

The world map quilt and a pickle

Hello everyone,

I am in a bit of a pickle. I have finished the World Map Quilt top and it's HUGE, I mean humongous. At the moment it is so bit that I can't actually show you cos our flat is too small. And I have no idea how to baste the thing. Will have to move some furniture out of the way. Oh I am dreading that.

It is 82" wide and 46" tall (ca., can't actually measure it properly) and is made with lots of lovely Kona solids. So what do you think? What do I do? Should I add some more fabric at the bottom and the top making it more square? And how do I best baste this? Next time I make this quilt I will definitely use QAYG again.

Lots of love,
Nadine



















2 comments:

  1. Wow That sounds huge! Is there a friends you can go to and borrow there floor space to baste the quilt? =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A library community room or a church hall with large tables?

    ReplyDelete