Saturday 7 February 2015

English Country Garden Quilt in Quilt Now


... and tada, my latest quilt in the previous issue of Quilt Now. I think this is actually my favorite of the quilts published so far. I love how it was shot and how the colors come across in the pictures.

It is actually a super simple design, but I think it is quite effective. And as far the fabric, well, if you've been following the blog you know I love all the Rowan, Kaffe Fassett, Amy Butler, Phillip Jacobs I can get.

I think these colors go really well together and believe it or not, but I still have some more of these fabrics. So you'll see another quilt made with these fabrics at some point.


This quilt is actually about the largest size I can baste in my craft room and I hate basting (you might have noticed in other posts or on Instagram :). The one thing about quilting I can't stand at all and basting this quilt was, well, as usual with larger quilts, a nightmare. And I have just finished a quilt top that is actually too large to baste in my craft room. I will have to find a solution for that or else it will remain a quilt top only.

I hope you like this quilt and maybe you have even seen it in Quilt Now. Oh, and if you haven't yet you should get a subscription, and gte it soon as you receive a free Aurifil Thread Set of Priory Square Threads by Katy Jones with your subscrition. They are gorgeous and it's a very good offer.

Lots of love,
Nadine


3 comments:

  1. On its just gorgeous! I will be looking out for that one. Congrats ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks just beautiful - like it's on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Nadine! I love the fabrics and the pattern!

    ReplyDelete